with lime rice and sliced chilli
Saag is an Indian dish which, along with added spices, can be made from spinach, finely chopped broccoli or an array of other greens. It's got a vibrant green colour that's striking on the plate and, thanks to the addition of coconut milk it's got a rich and creamy taste and texture too.
Under 650 calories
Total Time25 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes
North Indian Style Spice Mix
Rogan Josh Curry Paste
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)550 kcal
Energy (kJ)2302 kJ
of which saturates14.8 g
of which sugars10.6 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Trim the aubergine then chop into 1cm cubes.
- Pop the aubergine onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until the aubergine is soft and golden, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid. Cook for 10 mins then remove from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Zest then chop the lime into 4 wedges. Add the lime zest to the rice when cooked.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Quarter the mushrooms. Chop any larger pieces so all are evenly sized.
- Thinly slice the chilli at an angle widthways.
- Place a large pot over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion and mushroom to the pot and fry until softened, stirring occasionally, 5-8 mins.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat to medium-high then add the rogan josh curry paste and North Indian spice mix and fry for 1-2 mins.
- Meanwhile, blend the spinach, stock powder and coconut milk to make a puree.
- Add the spinach puree to the pot and mix well to coat the veg.
- Cover and simmer for 8-10 mins. Loosen with a splash of water if necessary.
- Stir the roasted aubergine into the curry.
- Season with salt, pepper and lime juice—all to taste!
TIP: If you don't have a blender, finely chop the spinach and mix with the coconut milk instead.
- Divide the curry and lime rice between plates or bowls.
- Top with the sliced chilli (use less if you don't like spice).
- Serve any remaining lime wedges alongside.