BBQ Chicken Burger
with aioli and spiced chips
A USA-inspired feast, this chicken burger calls on key flavours of the American South. BBQ rub coats the golden chips (or as they call them stateside—french fries) while a finger-licking BBQ sauce marinates the juicy chicken steaks.
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm wide chips (no need to peel).
- Pop the chips onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with BBQ rub, salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Lay the chicken out on a board.
- Place your hand flat on top of the chicken breast and use a sharp knife to carefully slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks.
- Repeat with the other breast(s). IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging we use to keep it fresh.
- Place a large pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, lay the chicken into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until browned and cooked through, 3-6 mins each side. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: Cook in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- While the chicken cooks, mix the BBQ sauce with 2 tbsp water (double for 4p) in a small bowl.
- Once the chicken is done, add the BBQ sauce to the pan.
- Simmer for 3-4 mins, turning the chicken occasionally to coat well in the sauce.
- Meanwhile, pop the buns into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice half the onion (double for 4p).
- Thinly slice the tomato.
- To assemble the burgers, stack two BBQ chicken steaks on top of each base bun.
- Next, layer on aioli, tomato, onion and finally the cheese.
- Close with the top bun.
- Serve with chips alongside.