BBQ Pulled Chicken
with cheesy wedges and tomato salsa
The process of 'pulling' chicken, beef, or pork is popular in BBQ style cooking. It's a way of tenderising the meat, giving it a new texture and unlocking more flavour. In this recipe, even more taste and texture are added by the tangy tomato salsa that tops this cheesy BBQ dish.
Red Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm wide wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop the wedges onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat.
- When oven is hot, spread the wedges out in a single layer and roast on the top shelf until golden, 30-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary—you want the wedges nicely spread out.
- Meanwhile, lay the chicken onto a lined baking tray. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast on the middle shelf of your oven until browned and cooked through, 18-20 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Cut the tomato into 2cm chunks and pop into a medium bowl.
- Add the red wine vinegar, ½ tbsp oil (double for 2p) and half the parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then mix together. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven.
- Use 2 forks to gently pull the chicken apart while still on the tray.
- Once chicken has been shredded, add the BBQ sauce and mix well to coat fully.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the potato wedges are ready, remove from the oven and spoon the BBQ pulled chicken over the top.
- Sprinkle on the cheddar and pop back in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbling, 4-5 mins.
- Divide the cheesy chicken wedges between plates and top with the tomato salsa.
- Sprinkle the remaining parsley over the top.