Chicken Korma Style Curry
with broccoli and rice
If you're a fan of curry—but not a fan of spice—then you're in luck. This chicken korma curry has only the faintest hint of heat, but that definitely doesn't mean it's lacking in flavour.
Korma Curry Paste
Diced Chicken Breast
North Indian Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat and keep covered for 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Cut the broccoli into florets (like small trees). Halve any large florets.
- Place a large pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, add the chicken and fry until browned on all sides, shifting occasionally, 6-8 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Season with salt and pepper.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh. It will taste delicious once cooked!
- Once the chicken is browned, add the onion and cook until softened, 3-4 mins. Stir occasionally.
- When the onion has softened, add the North Indian spice mix, korma curry paste, stock powder and 150ml water (double for 4p).
- Stir to combine.
- Stir the broccoli into the sauce.
- Bring to the boil, cover the pan with a lid or some foil and simmer until broccoli is tender and chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally, 5-7 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Add the creme fraiche and stir until completely mixed.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Divide the fluffy rice between plates.
- Top with the chicken korma curry.