One-pot Chorizo and Mozzarella Orzo
with creme fraiche and fresh sage
What's better than a one-pot dish? Less mess, less stress, with full-on flavour, this chorizo and mozzarella orzo is creamy, lightly spiced, and hearty like a hug in a bowl.
(Contains Wheat May be present Lupin, Egg, Mustard, Soya)
Not included in your delivery
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Pick the sage leaves.
- Halve and peel the onion. Cut each half into three wedges then separate the layers.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p).
- When hot, fry the onion, chorizo and sage leaves until chorizo is starting to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Add the paprika and cherry tomatoes and cook for 1 min more.
- Pop the orzo, creme fraiche, stock powder, 400ml water, ¼ tsp sugar and ½ tsp salt (double all for 4p) into the pot.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the orzo is tender, 15-20 mins.
- Stir every 3-4 mins to prevent sticking. Once cooked, remove the pot from the heat.
- Drain the mozzarella and roughly tear. Stir through the orzo.
TIP: Add another splash of water if you feel the dish is too dry.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if required.
- Divide your creamy chorizo orzo between bowls or deep plates.