Oven-baked Chorizo and Mushroom Risotto
with mozzarella and fresh basil
This risotto is a perfect choice for those evenings you fancy something a little bit special or feel like spending some time cooking something up in the kitchen. Herby, meaty and creamy, this dish has something for everyone.
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Dilute the stock in 500ml (double for 4p) boiling water.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Quarter the mushrooms.
- Place a large, wide-bottomed ovenproof pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion, mushrooms and chorizo.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
TIP: If you don't have an ovenproof pan use a normal one and transfer the risotto to an ovenproof dish before placing it in the oven.
- Add the risotto rice, ½ tsp salt and half the Italian herbs (double both for 4p) to the pan.
- Cook, stirring, until the edges of the rice are translucent, 1-2 mins.
- Add the warm stock and stir well to combine.
- Bring back up to the boil then pop a lid on the pan (or cover with foil).
- Bake in the oven until the rice is cooked and the water has been absorbed, 30-35 mins.
- When the risotto is cooked, remove it from the oven and mix in a knob of butter if you have any.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roughly tear half the basil leaves (double for 4p).
TIP: Add a splash of water if needed.
- Divide risotto between plates.
- Roughly tear the mozzarella and garnish your dish.
- Sprinkle over torn basil leaves and cracked pepper.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top.