Courgette and Pork Chilli
cannellini beans and leek
A variation on a traditional chilli con carne, this hearty stew uses courgette and leek for added taste and texture—and some added good-for-you nutrients too.
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Dried Chilli Flakes
Not included in your delivery
- Trim the root and the dark green leafy part from the leek. Halve lengthways, then thinly slice half (double for 4p).
- Trim the courgette, then quarter lengthways. Chop into 1cm chunks.
- Roughly chop the parsley stalks and all.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans in a sieve.
- Place a large pot for the chilli over a medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the chopped leek and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the leek until softened, 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pork mince and fry until browned, 4-5 mins. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw meat. The meat is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Add half the Italian herbs (double for 4p), courgette and cannellini beans to the pot. Cook for 1 min, stirring often.
- Add tomato paste, stock and 500ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-12 mins, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice).
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Dish up spoonfuls of hearty chilli.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and grated cheese.