Creamy Baked Cheese Pasta
Creamy Baked Cheese Pasta
with cherry tomatoes and butternut squash
Something wonderful happens to Greek style cheese when you bake it at blistering temperatures. It softens and becomes almost creamy, creating the most amazing pasta sauce. Softened cherry tomatoes and sweet roasted butternut squash also benefit from a stint in the searing hot oven.
Under 650 calories
Total Time25 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Greek Style Cheese
Diced Butternut Squash
Middle Eastern Style Spice Mix
(Contains Sesame, Mustard)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)605 kcal
Energy (kJ)2532 kJ
of which saturates9.8 g
of which sugars14 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Pop the butternut squash onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, Middle Eastern spice, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat and spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until soft and golden, 18-20 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When the water is boiling, add the pasta and bring back to the boil. Cook until soft, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, reserve a cup of pasta water, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to stop it sticking together.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, peel the garlic.
- Roughly tear the basil leaves.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves and half the torn basil to a large oven dish.
- Add 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper (double all for 4p). Toss together.
- Place the cheese in the centre of the dish (keeping it whole) and bake in the oven for 12-15 mins, until the tomatoes are blistering.
- While everything is cooking, make your dressing.
- Halve the lemon. Juice one half and cut the other half into wedges.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp lemon juice (both double for 4p), the mayo and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, toss the salad leaves through the dressing.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the oven dish.
- Mix everything together, breaking up the cheese as you go.
- Loosen with a splash of reserved pasta water if necessary.
- Pop in the roasted butternut squash.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dish up spoonfuls of cheesy pasta.
- Garnish with the lemon wedges and remaining torn basil.
- Serve the salad on the side.