Crispy Chickpea Salad
with avocado and Greek style cheese
Chickpeas coated in paprika and baked to a crispy consistency make the perfect adornment for the creamy Greek style cheese and crunchy veg that make up the rest of this abundant salad bowl.
Greek Style Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Arrange on a lined baking tray and toss in a drizzle of oil, half the paprika, and salt.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until the chickpeas become crispy.
- Halve and peel the onion. Finely chop half (double for 4p).
- Chop half the pepper into strips (double for 4p).
- Cut the lime into quarters.
- Roughly chop the coriander.
- Drain the corn.
- Place a medium pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, brown the onion and pepper for 3-4 mins.
- Add the drained corn and half the ground cumin and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Reserve and cool on a plate.
- To a salad bowl, add 2 tbsp oil (double for 4p) along with the remaining paprika and cumin.
- Squeeze in the juice of one lime wedge (double for 4p).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well to combine.
- Crumble the Greek style cheese.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Use a tablespoon to scoop out the flesh. Chop into small cubes.
- Add the chickpeas, rocket, half the avocado, half the cheese and half the coriander to the bowl with the dressing.
- Mix well.
- Adjust the seasoning with lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad between bowls.
- Spoon over the fried pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese, coriander, and avocado.