Garlic Butter Prawns
Garlic Butter Prawns
with green beans and rice
It doesn't get much better than popping prawns basted in a rich garlicky butter sauce. A helping of something healthy comes in the form of perfectly charred and softened green beans.
•Under 650 calories
Total Time25 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)409 kcal
Energy (kJ)1711 kJ
of which saturates0.3 g
of which sugars8.3 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Pan with Lid
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 10 mins, then remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Quarter the lemon.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Trim the green beans.
- Trim the carrot, then halve lengthways (no need to peel). Chop into roughly ½ cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the carrot and green beans until starting to char, 2-3 mins.
- Lower heat to medium and cook for 1 min. Add a splash of water and cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until the veg is tender, 4-5 mins. Once cooked, add a sprinkling of parsley.
- Remove from the pan, draining any excess water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Wipe the pan and return it to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p) and a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the prawns and cook for 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw prawns. Prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque in the middle.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and paprika to the prawns and cook until fragrant, 1 min.
- Squeeze in the juice from half the lemon wedges.
- Add 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p) and the chopped parsley to the pan (if you like, reserve some parsley for garnish).
- Cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Once cooked, toss the veg with the prawns.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and divide between plates.
- Top with the green beans, carrots and garlic prawns.
- Drizzle over the parsley butter sauce from the pan.
- Serve with the remaining lemon wedges on the side.
- Finish with a sprinkling of any remaining parsley.