Hazelnut Crusted Salmon
with pan-fried asparagus
Asparagus is a vegetable that can be tricky to get right, but a combination of searing and steaming in this recipe ensures it's flavourful and just cooked enough. The garlicky mashed potatoes and hazelnut crumb are other little touches that make this dish extra special.
(Contains Hazelnuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Pop the garlic (unpeeled) into a piece of foil with a good drizzle of oil. Scrunch to enclose.
- Roast the parcel in the oven until soft, 20-25 mins. Once cooled, squeeze the garlic out of its skin and mash with a fork.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pot of salted water for the potatoes.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook until fork tender, 15-20 mins.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat.
- Add a knob of butter and a splash of milk or water. Mash until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover with a lid to keep warm.
- Once cooked, add the roast garlic to the potatoes and mix well.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the hazelnuts. Roughly chop the parsley.
- In a small bowl, mix the nuts, breadcrumbs, parsley and 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Lay the salmon onto a lined baking tray, skin-side down. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish. Fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Spread mayo over the top of the fish. Press the hazelnut crumb on top.
- Roast on the top shelf of the oven until cooked through, 10-15 mins.
- Zest and halve the lemon.
- Place a small pot over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p).
- When the butter has melted, add 1 tsp flour (double for 4p) and stir to combine. Add the mustard and 75ml water (double for 4p). Bring to a boil and reduce for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from the heat. Mix in the honey, lemon zest and 1 tbsp lemon juice (double for 4p).
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and more lemon juice if required.
- Trim the bottom 1cm from the asparagus and discard.
- Place a large pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, add the asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry for 1 min, then add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until tender, 4-6 mins, then remove from the heat.
- Just before serving, reheat the sauce.
- Dish up a helping of roast garlic mash and top with the hazelnut crusted salmon.
- Cut any remaining lemon into wedges. Serve alongside with the asparagus.
- Finish with a drizzle of the lemon sauce.