with brioche croutons and crumbled Greek style cheese
Panzanella salad is a favourite in Italian households. Usually made with stale or leftover bread, the name Panzanella is thought to come from a combination of the words "pane" (Italian for bread) and "zanella" a type of small basket.
Under 650 calories
Total Time40 minutes
Cooking Time35 minutes
Diced Butternut Squash
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Greek Style Cheese
Red Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)445 kcal
Energy (kJ)1861 kJ
of which saturates10.1 g
of which sugars18.6 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Place the butternut squash on a large (lined) baking tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss together and arrange in a single layer on the tray.
- Pop on the top shelf of the oven to roast until tender and golden, 25-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Trim the courgette then slice into rounds about 1cm thick.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the onion and courgette and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes.
- Tear the brioche buns into small, bite-size pieces.
- When the butternut squash has been cooking for 10 mins, add the tomatoes to the tray with another drizzle of oil.
- Carefully mix everything together and return to the oven for the remainder of the cooking time, 15-20 mins.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, to a large bowl add 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p) along with the red wine vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix well and set aside.
- Add the brioche croutons to a (separate) lined baking tray with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt.
- Toss to coat, spread out and bake on the middle shelf of the oven until golden, 8-10 mins. Give the tray a shake halfway through.
- When the onion and courgette are soft, stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min more.
- Remove from the heat and add to the bowl with the dressing.
- When ready, remove the veg and croutons from the oven, add to the bowl and gently mix.
- Let everything sit for a couple of mins to allow the croutons to absorb the flavours.
- Carefully fold the rocket into the bowl with the softened veg and croutons.
- Divide your Panzanella salad between plates.
- Crumble the Greek style cheese over the top.