Sticky Hoisin Chicken
with roasted broccoli and noodles
Hoisin is a thick, sweet and salty sauce popular in Cantonese cuisine. It's most commonly used to marinate meat or poultry which is why in this recipe it pairs perfectly with succulent roast chicken thighs and tender veg.
(Contains Wheat, Sesame, Soya)
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into wedges.
- Cut half the broccoli (double for 4p) into florets (like small trees). Halve any large florets.
- Pop the chopped broccoli and onion onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the middle shelf until veg is tender, 18-20 mins.
- Boil a large pot of water for the udon noodles.
- Add the noodles then lower heat to medium-high and cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to stop them sticking together.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, place a large pan on medium heat (no oil).
- Once hot, add the sesame seeds and lightly toast, stirring regularly, 2-3 mins.
- Once toasted, transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
TIP: Watch them like a hawk as they can burn easily.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until golden and cooked through, 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Add hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic and 50ml water (double for 4p).
- Lower heat and simmer until thickened, 2-3 mins.
TIP: Add a little water if needed.
- When everything is ready, divide the noodles between your plates.
- Top with the glazed chicken, roasted onion and broccoli.
- Spoon over the remaining hoisin sauce from the pan.
- Scatter over the toasted sesame seeds to finish.