Sweet Soy Salmon Noodles
with pan-fried bell pepper and coriander garnish
Heart-healthy fish means this recipe is lower in calories, but it's also packed with protein and healthy fats. The slightly spicy sweet soy marinade is the standout element in this dish.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the egg noodles.
- When the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook until softened, 4-6 mins.
- Drain in a sieve then return to the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and toss to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Lightly season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Once hot, place the fish into the pan, skin-side down.
- Cook for 4-5 mins, turn over, and cook for 3-4 mins on the other side. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish. Fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
TIP: Give the pan a quick wipe if you like, you'll be using it again!
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the onion and pepper until softened, 4-5 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the veg has softened, add the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and 50ml water (double for 4p) to the pan.
- Stir together and cook until warmed through and sticky, 1-2 mins. Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if necessary.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the noodles to the pan and carefully toss to coat in the sauce.
- Divide the noodles and veg between bowls.
- Top with the charred salmon, drizzling over any marinade that remains in the pan.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of chopped coriander.