Thai Spiced Naked Burgers
with sweet potato wedges and side salad
Burgers lose their buns for a low-carb alternative to a dinnertime favourite. Though the carbs may be reduced, the flavour is out in full force with the help of blended Thai spices.
Thai Style Spice Mix
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the sweet potato into 2cm wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop the wedges onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 20-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary, you want the wedges nicely spread out.
- Finely chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Zest half the lime (double for 4p).
- To a large bowl, add the lime zest, Thai spice and half the coriander.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and half the soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef mince. Mix until well combined. Roll into evenly-sized balls and flatten to make burger patties 1cm thick (1 per person). IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the beef burgers until browned on the outside and cooked through, 12-14 mins.
- Carefully turn the burgers every 3-4 mins, lowering the heat if they begin to burn. IMPORTANT: Burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: The burgers will shrink a little during cooking.
- While the burgers cook, Trim the root tip and green stalks of the fennel. Halve the fennel lengthways then thinly slice.
- Halve the lime.
- Halve the chilli lengthways. Deseed then finely chop half (double for 4p).
- In a bowl, mix the fennel with the chopped chilli (use less if you don't like spice), remaining soy sauce and remaining coriander.
- Season to taste with lime juice and sugar. Set aside.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Just before serving, toss the salad leaves in a drizzle of oil.
- Add the chilli and fennel and toss to coat fully.
- Share the beef burger patties and sweet potato wedges between plates.
- Serve the fennel salad on the side.
- Sprinkle with the sliced scallion.
- Chop any remaining lime into wedges for squeezing over.