Cajun Beef Strip Linguine
with mushrooms and Italian style cheese
Succulent beef strips and tender bell pepper are coated in a rich tomato-y Cajun spiced sauce in this simple pasta recipe that will be a treat for the whole house this week.
(Contains Wheat May be present Mustard, Soya)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Red Wine Jus
Cajun Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the linguine.
- When boiling, add the linguine to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the beef strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until browned, shifting as they colour, 2-3 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat and its packaging. Meat is safe to eat when the outside is browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan, set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Give the pan a wipe, then return to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pepper and fry until softened, 3-4 mins. Continue to stir while it cooks.
- In the final min of cooking time, add the Cajun spice and fry until fragrant, 1 min.
- Stir in the passata, creme fraiche, beef stock powder, red wine jus, ½ tsp sugar and 75ml water (double both for 4p).
- Simmer for 6-8 mins.
- Add a splash of water if the sauce is too thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, stir the beef strips and drained pasta into the sauce.
- Toss well and season to taste with salt and pepper, if required.
- Share the Cajun pasta between plates.
- Finish by sprinkling over the Italian cheese.