Explore Recipes by Cuisine
Mediterranean Recipes and Meal Ideas
Mediterranean recipes are known as simple, diverse, light and delicious. So pile on the hummus, throw in some halloumi and find a HelloFresh Mediterranean recipe that satisfies your cravings. Which recipe will you make tonight?
Get inspired by our Mediterranean recipes today!
Halloumi is an essential component of many Mediterranean recipes. However, to get it perfectly cooked requires a few tips and tricks. Here’s how to cook the perfect halloumi the next time you try your hand at a Mediterranean recipe.
- Don’t use oil. The halloumi will release its own fatty juices as it fries – and as it doesn’t melt like other cheeses, it shouldn’t stick to the pan.
- Use a non-stick pan or griddle at medium-high heat. Since you won’t be using oil, make sure the pan you use is non-stick so you can easily flip the halloumi during cooking.
- Cut your halloumi into 1cm slices. Slices thinner than 1cm will crisp up too quickly and you’ll miss out on the gooey centre.
- Only flip your halloumi once all the fatty liquid has evaporated. The cheese should be golden brown before you flip it.
- The second side will only take a minute to brown. Don’t leave it on the stove too long or your halloumi will dry up.
Get excited every evening!
Recipes you'll love!
Get delicious recipes and all ingredients fresh on your doorstep every week!