Moroccan Style Surf and Turf Burger
with crispy chips and tossed salad
These surf and turf burgers are inspired by the flavours of North Africa and feature pan-fried prawns along with succulent 100% Irish beef and Tangy, crumbly Greek style cheese. Staple sides—chips and salad, also make an appearance.
Middle Eastern Style Spice Mix
(Contains Sesame, Mustard)
Greek Style Cheese
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Harissa Spice Mix
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm chips (peeling optional).
- Pop onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Toss with half the harissa spice, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of oil. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- In a large bowl, combine the mince, Middle Eastern spice, breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp water and ¼ tsp salt (double both for 4p).
- Season with pepper and mix together by hand.
- Roll into evenly-sized balls, then shape into 2cm thick burgers, one per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
TIP: Burgers will shrink a little during cooking.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the burgers and fry until browned on the outside and cooked through, 12-14 mins.
- Carefully turn every 3-4 mins, lowering the heat if needed. IMPORTANT: Burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the prawns.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the prawns and remaining harissa spice until cooked through, 3-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw prawns. Prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque in the middle.
- Remove from the heat. Crumble in half the Greek style cheese.
- Stir in the sweet chilli sauce, mayo and 1 tsp sugar (double for 4p).
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Trim the baby gem. Reserve one leaf per burger.
- Halve the remainder lengthways and thinly slice widthways.
- In a salad bowl, crumble the remaining cheese and mix well with a drizzle of oil and ½ tsp sugar (double for 4p).
- Toss the chopped salad leaves through the dressing just before serving.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the harissa prawns over the base bun.
- Top with a reserved salad leaf and then your burger.
- Sandwich closed with the top bun.
- Serve with chips and tossed salad alongside.
- Finish the tossed salad with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.