Pesto Crusted Hake
with parsley butter potatoes and radish salad
The buttery herby baby potatoes and crunchy radish salad in this dish are a delight in their own right, but the star of the show in this recipe is most certainly the pesto crusted baked hake topped with a moreish mayo drizzle.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Halve the potatoes (quarter larger pieces). Roughly chop the parsley.
- When the water is boiling, add the potatoes, lower the heat to medium and cook until fork tender, 15-20 mins.
- Drain in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat. Stir through a knob of butter along with the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, pat the hake dry with kitchen paper.
- Arrange the hake on a lined baking tray. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish.
- Spread the pesto evenly over the tops of the hake fillets.
- Season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
- Spoon equal amounts of the breadcrumbs onto each fillet. Press down firmly with the back of the spoon to ensure it adheres.
- Place the hake on the top shelf of the oven.
- Bake until the breadcrumbs are golden and the fish is cooked through, 10-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Meanwhile, trim and quarter the radish.
- Just before serving, toss the radish and salad leaves with a drizzle of oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pesto crumbed hake fillets between plates, adding a dollop of mayo to the top of each.
- Serve the radish salad and parsley butter potatoes alongside.
- Finish the salad with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.