Roasted Red Pepper Flatbread
with homemade rocket pesto
These homemade heart-shaped flatbreads are fun to make, delicious to taste and made with love—making them the perfect recipe for an evening in the kitchen for two.
(May be present Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Cereals containing gluten)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Drain and pat the mozzarella dry. Tear into small pieces.
- Mix together half the passata and ½ tbsp sugar (double both for 4p).
- Season with salt and pepper. You've made your base sauce!
- Use a knife or scissors to cut a small triangle out of the top of each flatbread, so they resemble love hearts.
- Divide the sauce between the flatbreads. Use a spoon to spread the sauce over the base, leaving 1cm on the side as the crust.
- Spread the pepper slices evenly on the flatbreads.
- Bake in the oven for 7-8 mins.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp oil (double for 4p), grated Italian cheese, pine nuts and half the rocket to a food processor and grind to a paste.
- Add water or oil if a looser consistency is desired. You've made your own pesto!
- Just before serving, toss the remaining salad leaves with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove the flatbreads from the oven and cut into even slices.
- Scatter torn mozzarella over the top.
- Dollop small drops of pesto all over the flatbreads and arrange the dressed leaves on top.
TIP: This dish will pair beautifully with a pinot noir!