Balsamic Glazed Oven Roasted Veg
with pesto yoghurt drizzle and garlic mash
There's something so warming about roasted veg, and the shallot, parsnip and carrots in this recipe are no exception. Adding to the comforting feel of this dish are creamy mash imbued with roasted garlic. Crispy chickpeas and a pesto yoghurt drizzle ensure this dish is anything but ordinary.
Middle Eastern Style Spice Mix
(Contains Sesame, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Cook the potatoes in the boiling water until fork tender, 12-18 mins. Once cooked, drain in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat.
- Add a knob of butter and a splash of milk or water. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, trim the parsnip then halve lengthways (peeling optional). Chop into roughly 1cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Peel and quarter the shallot.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Mix the pesto and yoghurt together in a small bowl.
- Pop the carrots, parsnip and shallot onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Toss with half the Middle Eastern spice, salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until tender, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Pop the chickpeas onto another lined baking tray.
- Toss with a drizzle of oil, remaining Middle Eastern spice and ¼ tsp salt (double for 4p).
- Pop the garlic (unpeeled) into a small piece of foil with a drizzle of oil and scrunch to enclose.
- Roast the garlic and chickpeas in the oven until chickpeas are crispy, 20-25 mins.
- Once cooked, toss the veg with the honey, half the balsamic glaze and a knob of butter.
- Once the garlic has cooled, cut the end with scissors, squeeze it out of its skin and mash with a fork.
- Stir the garlic into the mashed potato.
- Divide the garlic mash between the centre of each plate.
- Top with the roasted chickpeas. Drizzle over the pesto yoghurt.
- Arrange the balsamic roasted veg on top.
- Scatter over sliced scallion.
- Finish with a drizzle of the remaining balsamic glaze.