Beef and Bacon Burger in Truffle Sauce
with cheesy fries and tomato side salad
The crispy bacon and juicy beef burger in this recipe are smothered in lashings of rich and creamy truffle sauce. Chunky cheesy chips and light refreshing side salad round out a satisfying meal.
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm chips (peeling optional).
- Pop onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, cook on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Once cooked, toss together with the cheese.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, 2 tsp water and ¼ tsp salt (double both for 4p).
- Add the beef mince, season with pepper and mix everything together by hand.
- Roll into evenly-sized balls, then form into 1cm thick burgers, one per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the burgers until browned on the outside and cooked through, 10-12 mins.
- Turn every 2-3 mins, adjusting heat as needed. IMPORTANT: Beef is cooked when no longer pink in the middle. Once cooked, transfer from pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry bacon until crispy and brown, 3-4 mins each side. Remove from the pan once cooked.
- Return the pan to high heat, adding the creme fraiche and beef stock powder.
- Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, 2-3 mins.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the truffle oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover to keep warm.
TIP: Loosen with a splash of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Chop the tomatoes into 2cm chunks.
- Toss the chopped tomato together in a bowl with the rocket, a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pop the buns into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
TIP: Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- To assemble the burgers, top each base bun with the beef burger, some bacon strips and a spoonful of truffle sauce.
- Close with the top bun.
- Serve the cheesy chips and salad alongside.