Beef Rump in Garlic Parsley Butter
with tender broccoli and mashed potato
The ubiquitous 'meat and two veg' gets a makeover in this take on a classic dish. The creamiest of mash and the most tender broccoli accompany cooked-to-perfection beef for a mouth-watering midweek treat.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Boil a large pot of salted water for the potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- When boiling, add the potatoes to the water and cook until fork tender, 12-18 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat.
- Mash until smooth. Add a knob of butter and a splash of milk or water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Rougly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- Trim the tip of the broccoli. Cut head into small florets and stem into 2cm pieces.
- Add the broccoli to a lined baking tray, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat.
- Spread out in a single layer and roast on the middle shelf of the oven until tender, 10-15 mins.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the beef until browned, 1-2 mins each side for medium-rare.
- Cook 1-2 mins more each side for medium.
- Cook for a further 1-2 mins each side for well-done.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with another drizzle of oil.
- Cook the onion until softened, 4-5 mins then add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 secs.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar and allow it to evaporate, then add 100ml water (double for 4p) and stock powder.
- Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 1-2 mins.
- Stir through parsley and 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p) and melt. Simmer until thickened slightly, 2-3 mins.
- Divide the creamy mashed potato between your plates.
- Serve the roast broccoli alongside.
- Slice the beef rump and plate next to the veg.
- Finish with the garlic parsley butter sauce.