Cajun-inspired Bell Pepper Linguine
with golden cheese and creamy tomato sauce
This fusion pasta dish is spiced with an exciting array of Cajun flavours and topped with fresh chilli for added optional bite. It also features tender pan-fried peppers and golden grilling cheese making for a delicious meal that pulls inspiration from a myriad of different destinations.
(Contains Wheat May be present Mustard, Soya)
Cajun Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the linguine.
- When boiling, add the linguine to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, drain the grilling cheese then cut into 2cm cubes. Place in a bowl of cold water.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Halve the chilli and discard the core and seeds. Finely chop.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Remove the cheese cubes from the water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the grilling cheese until golden all over, turning often, 4-5 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Return the (now empty) pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the pepper and onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Add the garlic and Cajun spice and fry until fragrant, 1 min more.
- Pour in the passata, 100ml water and ¼ tsp sugar (double both for 4p).
- Simmer together for 3-5 mins.
- Stir half the creme fraiche into the sauce.
- Add the cheese and pasta and cook, stirring, until everything is warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Divide hearty helpings of Cajun linguine between bowls.
- Top with a dollop of creme fraiche and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
- Finish off with as much chopped chilli as you like (use less if you don't like spice).