Cheesy Courgette Flatbread
with rocket and crushed pepper topping
This veggie flatbread has a lot to shout about. Perfectly charred courgette, melted cheddar cheese, and if that's not enough, a sprinkling of creamy mozzarella to top it all off.
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Trim the courgette and slice into 1cm rounds.
- Place a large pan over high heat (no oil).
- When hot, add the courgette and cook until charred, 3-4 mins. Turn only every couple of mins.
- Once cooked, season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a bowl.
- Mix together half the passata and ½ tbsp sugar (double both for 4p).
- Season with salt and pepper. You've made your base sauce!
- Just before serving toss the salad leaves with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
- Divide the sauce between the flatbreads. Use a spoon to spread the sauce over the base, leaving a 1cm border around the edge (as the crust).
- Scatter the grated cheddar over the flatbreads.
- Top with the charred courgette rounds.
- Carefully pop your flatbreads onto a lined baking tray and bake in your oven until the cheese has melted and is bubbling, 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, tear the mozzarella into small pieces.
- Remove the flatbread from the oven and scatter over the torn mozzarella.
- Garnish with the dressed leaves, pepper, a drizzle of oil and salt.
- Cut into slices and serve any remaining salad alongside.