Cheesy Crusted Hake
with honey roast carrots and parsley butter potatoes
The golden crumb that coats the flaky hake in this recipe is imbued with sharp and savoury Italian style cheese. Carrots are adorned with sweet and sticky honey, while the beautiful baby potatoes are smothered with a glaze of parsley butter.
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Trim the carrot, then halve lengthways (no need to peel). Chop into roughly 1cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Pop the carrots onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until the carrots are tender, 18-20 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pot of salted water for the potatoes.
- Halve the baby potatoes (quarter larger potatoes).
- When boiling, add the potatoes to the water, lower the heat to medium and cook until fork tender, 15-20 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat.
- Cover with a lid to keep warm.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, half the Italian herbs (double for 4p) and 1 tbsp of oil (double for 4p). Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the hake with kitchen paper and place onto a separate lined baking tray. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish.
- Spread the mayo over the top of the fish. Top with the breadcrumb mixture. Gently press down with the back of a spoon to secure.
- Pop the crumbed hake onto the middle shelf of the oven.
- Bake until the crumb is golden and fish is cooked through, 13-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- When the potatoes are boiled and drained, add the parsley and 1 tbsp of butter (double for 4p) to the pot.
- Toss the potatoes until the butter has melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When the carrots have finished roasting, remove from the oven and drizzle over the honey. Toss to coat.
- When everything is ready, share the cheesy crumbed hake between plates.
- Serve the honeyed carrots and parsley butter potatoes alongside.
- Add a dollop of aioli onto each plate for dipping.
- Drizzle the sweet chilli sauce over the hake to finish.