Creamy Pesto and Bacon Pasta
with cheese and cherry tomatoes
Pesto and pasta is a classic combination that's hard to improve upon. That said, the deliciously savoury bacon is a great addition to this quick and easy dish.
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the rigatoni to the water and bring back to the boil. Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the tomatoes.
- Slice the bacon into 2cm cubes. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the bacon until crispy, 3-4 mins. IMPORTANT: Cook bacon thoroughly.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic. Cook until softened, 4-5 mins.
- Stir the pesto, creme fraiche and half the cheese into the pan.
- Mix through the pasta to coat in the sauce. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pesto bacon pasta between your plates.
- Garnish with the remaining cheese.