Creamy Prawn Linguine
with parsley and chilli flake garnish
If you're looking for a filling and familiar meal to warm you up on these cold winter evenings, then a big bowl of pasta is always a winner. This particular pasta dish features linguine—spaghetti's slightly flatter friend—along with a creamy tomato sauce and perfectly cooked prawns.
(Contains Wheat May be present Mustard, Soya)
Dried Chilli Flakes
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the linguine.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- When the water is boiling, add the linguine and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the prawns. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw prawns.
- Season with salt and pepper then fry until cooked through, 4-5 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat, transfer the prawns to a plate and cover to keep warm. IMPORTANT: Prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque in the middle.
- Return the (now empty) pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Fry until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Add the garlic and half the dried Italian herbs (double for 4p). Cook until fragrant, 1 min.
- Pour in the passata and 100ml water (double for 4p).
- Simmer until slightly reduced, 3-5 mins.
TIP: Add a splash of water if you feel the sauce needs loosening.
- Add half the parsley and half the creme fraiche to the pan.
- Add the prawns and cooked pasta and cook, stirring, until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Divide your creamy prawn pasta between bowls.
- Top with cheese, remaining parsley and a final dollop of creme fraiche.
- Finish off with a sprinkling of chilli flakes—as much as you like!