Harissa Spiced Haddock Fishcakes
with roasted broccoli and aioli drizzle
If you're a fan of fish then you're going to adore these harissa spiced fishcakes. Made with haddock and creamy mashed potato, these fishcakes are fried to crispy perfection, bursting with flavour, and accompanied by tender roasted veg.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Harissa Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Cook the potatoes in the boiling water until fork tender, 15-20 mins.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Trim the carrot. Halve lengthways. Cut into 1cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Trim the tip of the broccoli. Cut head into florets and stem into 2cm pieces.
- Pop the carrot onto a lined baking tray. Toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. Roast on the top shelf of the oven until tender, 15-20 mins.
- When the carrot has been cooking for 5 mins, add broccoli to the tray. Toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Cook for remaining time, 10-15 mins.
- Remove the skin from the fish. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish.
- When the potatoes are fork tender, add the fish to the pot.
- Simmer together until cooked through, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Once the potatoes and fish are cooked, drain everything in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat.
- Mash the fish and potatoes together until smooth.
- Add the harissa spice and breadcrumbs to the mash. Season with ½ tsp salt (double for 4p).
- Mix well until everything is combined.
- Roll into evenly-sized balls then shape into patties about 1-2cm thick, 3 per person.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the fishcakes on one side until golden, 4-5 mins.
- Turn over and cook on the other side for a further 4-5 mins.
- Divide the fishcakes between plates and drizzle over the aioli.
- Plate the tender roasted veg alongside.