Pesto Chicken Linguine
with peas and Italian style cheese
Pesto and pasta... Some might say they make the perfect pairing. The only things that could improve upon this duo of deliciousness are an element of creaminess in the form of creme fraiche and a helping of succulent chicken to round the whole thing out.
(Contains Wheat May be present Mustard, Soya)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the linguine.
- When boiling, add the linguine to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Place a large pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the onion and chicken, stirring, until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Season with salt and pepper.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging we use to keep it fresh.
- Add the garlic to the pan.
- Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 secs.
- Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add peas, pesto and creme fraiche to the pan.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring until everything is combined and warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Toss the drained pasta through the sauce and stir until well coated.
- Divide your creamy pesto pasta between bowls.
- Top with a sprinkling of cheese.