with garlic butter sauce and roasted broccolini
This pork piccata is a variation of the Italian-American favourite dish chicken piccata. The cooking method allows the pork to become crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. A herby buttery sauce finishes the dish with a flourish.
Red Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm pieces (no need to peel).
- Place the potatoes on a lined baking tray.
- Toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Spread out in a single layer and roast on the top shelf of your oven until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, trim the tip of the broccolini. Pop onto a separate lined baking tray.
- Toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. Set aside.
- Halve and peel the shallot. Chop into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Finely chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- When the potatoes have 15 mins of cooking time left, roast the broccolini on the middle shelf of the oven until crispy, 12-15 mins.
- Add 3 tbsp flour (double for 4p) to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Cut each pork fillet into 6-8 slices.
- Lay the pork into the bowl and turn to ensure it gets an even coating of flour. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw pork and its packaging.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the sliced pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook through, 5-6 mins on each side (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). IMPORTANT: Pork is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Return the pan to medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Cook the chopped shallot until softened, 3-4 mins. Add the garlic and parsley and cook for 1 min more.
- Pour in the vinegar and allow to evaporate. Add 75ml water (double for 4p) and the chicken stock powder.
- Bring to the boil and stir to dissolve the stock.
- Lower the heat and vigorously stir in 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p) until melted and combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve the pork with the roast potatoes and crispy broccolini alongside.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of the garlic butter sauce.