Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Salad
with apple and crispy lentils
Creamy melting goat's cheese slathered in herbs tops this abundant salad, but it's really only the tip of the iceberg. Stunning sweet potato, crunchy lentils and crisp apple slices provide an array of different flavours with a good mix of tender veg and crunchy textures at play.
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Drain and rinse lentils. Place on a lined baking tray.
- Trim the carrot and parsnip and halve both lengthways (unpeeled). Chop into 1cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Chop the sweet potato into 2cm chunks.
- Place the veg next to the lentils. Toss everything together with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. Roast on the top shelf until lentils are crispy, 18-20 mins.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, place the goat's cheese on a separate lined baking tray.
- In a small bowl, mix the Italian herbs with a good glug of oil.
- Pour the herby oil over the goat's cheese.
- When 5 mins of cooking time remain for the veg, bake the goat's cheese in the oven until starting to melt, 5-6 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl for the salad mix together the honey and mustard.
- Stir in 1 tsp sugar, ½ tsp salt and 2 tbsp oil (double all for 4p).
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
TIP: If your honey has hardened, pop the sachet into a bowl of hot water to soften, 1-2 mins.
- Trim the baby gem, quarter lengthways and roughly chop widthways.
- Quarter the apple and remove the core and seeds. Chop into thin slices.
- When everything is almost ready, add the salad leaves and apple to the salad bowl.
- Toss to coat everything in the honey mustard dressing.
- Divide your dressed salad between bowls.
- Top with the warmed goat's cheese, crispy lentils and roasted veg.