Ultimate Fish and Chips
Ultimate Fish and Chips
with broccoli and parsley lemon mayo
Give the chipper a miss tonight and make your own at home instead. The decadent golden baked fish fillet and chips in this recipe are balanced with a healthy helping of broccoli for added crunch.
Total Time50 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)686 kcal
Energy (kJ)2871 kJ
of which saturates3.1 g
of which sugars7.2 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
•Pan with Lid
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Cut the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm wide chips (no need to peel).
- Pop onto a lined baking tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat then spread out in a single layer.
- Roast on the top shelf of the oven until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, zest then chop the lemon into thick wedges.
- Finely chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- In a bowl, mix lemon zest, breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p), half the parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Chop the broccoli into florets. Halve any larger florets.
- Peel and grate garlic (or use a garlic press). Pick mint leaves from stalks and roughly chop (discard the stalks).
- Lay the hake onto its own (lined) baking tray. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish.
- Spread half the aioli over the top of your hake fillets.
- Spoon on the breadcrumb mixture, pressing it down to adhere. Drizzle with oil.
- When chips are halfway cooked, pop the breaded hake on the middle shelf and bake for 10-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
TIP: Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn!
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the broccoli for 2-3 mins.
- Add the garlic, lower heat to medium and cook for 1 min.
- Add a splash of water and cover with a lid or foil. Cook until tender, 4-5 mins.
- Once cooked, stir in chopped mint.
- While the broccoli cooks, mix the remaining parsley and remaining aioli in a small bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice—all to taste!
- When everything is ready, plate up your hake, broccoli and chips.
- Finish with a dollop of lemon parsley aioli.
- Serve any remaining lemon wedges alongside.