Ultimate Fish and Chips
with broccoli and parsley lemon mayo
Give the chipper a miss tonight and make your own at home instead. The decadent golden baked fish fillet and chips in this recipe are balanced with a healthy helping of broccoli for added crunch.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Cut the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm wide chips (no need to peel).
- Pop onto a lined baking tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat then spread out in a single layer.
- Roast on the top shelf of the oven until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, zest then chop the lemon into thick wedges.
- Finely chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- In a bowl, mix lemon zest, breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p), half the parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Chop the broccoli into florets. Halve any larger florets.
- Peel and grate garlic (or use a garlic press). Pick mint leaves from stalks and roughly chop (discard the stalks).
- Lay the hake onto its own (lined) baking tray. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish.
- Spread half the aioli over the top of your hake fillets.
- Spoon on the breadcrumb mixture, pressing it down to adhere. Drizzle with oil.
- When chips are halfway cooked, pop the breaded hake on the middle shelf and bake for 10-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
TIP: Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn!
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the broccoli for 2-3 mins.
- Add the garlic, lower heat to medium and cook for 1 min.
- Add a splash of water and cover with a lid or foil. Cook until tender, 4-5 mins.
- Once cooked, stir in chopped mint.
- While the broccoli cooks, mix the remaining parsley and remaining aioli in a small bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice—all to taste!
- When everything is ready, plate up your hake, broccoli and chips.
- Finish with a dollop of lemon parsley aioli.
- Serve any remaining lemon wedges alongside.