Cajun Prawn and Pea Rigatoni
with cheese and a hint of lemon
This creamy Cajun pasta is a delight for the eyes and the tastebuds too. Featuring Cajun-inspired spices enhanced with a dash of lemon juice and a crispy crumb topping. This is more than just your average pasta dish!
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Cajun Spice Mix
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the rigatoni to the water and bring back to the boil. Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry, stirring regularly, until lightly toasted, 3-4 mins.
- Once cooked, transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
TIP: Watch them like a hawk as they can burn easily.
- Return the (now empty) pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the prawns. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until cooked through, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw prawns. Prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque in the middle.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Add the garlic and Cajun spice mix to the pan.
- Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 min.
- Stir in the creme fraiche, stock powder, tomato paste, ½ tsp sugar and 75ml water (double both for 4p).
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, 3-4 mins.
- While the sauce simmers, quarter the lemon.
- Once the sauce has thickened, stir in the peas, cheese and 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p).
- Cook until the butter has melted and the peas are piping hot, 1 min.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Remove from the heat and carefully stir the cooked pasta into the sauce.
TIP: Loosen with a splash of water if required.
- Share the creamy prawn and pea rigatoni between bowls.
- Sprinkle the crispy crumb over the top.
- Serve with any remaining lemon wedges alongisde for squeezing over.