Cheesy Alfredo Style Prawn Linguine
with spinach, chives and balsamic glaze
Our take on the famous pasta dish conceived in 1908 by Alfredo di Lelio, an Italian restaurateur. This is a creamy cheesy recipe sprinkled with chives and filled with juicy prawns.
(Contains Wheat May be present Mustard, Soya)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the linguine.
- When boiling, add the linguine to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Finely chop the chives (use scissors if you prefer).
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the prawns and onion. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw prawns. Prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque in the middle.
- Cook until the prawns are pink and the onion has softened, 4-5 mins.
- Add the garlic to the pan and fry until fragrant, 1 min.
- Stir in the creme fraiche, stock powder, Italian herbs and 75ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, 3-4 mins.
- Add the spinach to the sauce a handful at a time until wilted and piping hot, 1-2 mins.
- Add the cheese and 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p) and stir until both have melted, 1-2 mins.
- Stir the cooked linguine into the sauce along with half the chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Tip: Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if required.
- Share the cheesy Alfredo style prawn linguine between bowls.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chives.
- Finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.