Chicken and Mushroom Noodles
with Thai spices and scallion garnish
These vibrant chicken and mushroom noodles are creamy with just a bit of a kick. The scallion topping adds both a pop of colour and a kick of flavour to an already delicious dish.
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
Red Thai Style Paste
Diced Chicken Breast
Thai Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the egg noodles.
- When the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook until softened, 4-6 mins.
- Drain in a sieve then return to the pot, off the heat.
- Add a splash of oil and toss to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry mushrooms and chicken until browned, 7-10 mins. Stir occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from the chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Add the Thai spice and red Thai paste to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add the coconut milk, 75ml water (double for 4p) and half the scallion.
- Cover and simmer for 5-7 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if required. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the drained noodles in the sauce to warm through and coat well.
- Divide the chicken and mushroom noodles between bowls.
- Top with a sprinkling of the remaining scallion.