Best Egg Recipes and Meal Ideas
A staple ingredient that doesn't have to be boring. Discover the best egg recipes for all meal times with HelloFresh. From omelettes to frittatas, we have it all!
Check out our top vegetarian recipes
Vegetarian Egg Recipes
Discover our delicious vegetarian egg recipes that will fit conveniently into a healthy vegetarian diet. Complete with international flavours, you'll want to try every one of our veggie egg dishes.
Egg Noodle Recipes
Further Egg Noodle Recipes
Vegetarian Egg Noodle Recipes
Potato and Egg Recipes
Easy Egg Recipes
Further Easy Egg Recipes
Spice up your Egg Recipes
Egg recipes abound across the world
One of the most fundamental, versatile ingredients in any kitchen, the humble egg makes everything possible — from the traditional full Irish breakfast to the finest baking. The age-old question of how to cook an egg has flummoxed new cooks for years! Try the following options and practice until you have perfected the art, adding salt and pepper to taste to the finished results:
- A fried egg will take around two minutes in a hot and oiled pan.
- Scrambled eggs can take just a minute or so.
- The boiled option takes between 6-10 minutes, depending on your taste or the recipe.
In India, you might find them in a creamy curry, served with spinach. In the UK, Scotch eggs are a picnic staple, and North African shakshuka pairs the hero ingredient with tomatoes, peppers, feta, onions and herbs for an aromatic dish. They are essential for baking and for making crepes. Find them in beverages, such as rum egg-nog, and mixed with cream, sugar, milk and other ingredients to make custards and other sweet puddings.
Looking for more ways to spice up your go-to egg recipes?
Look no further. Recommended by our recipe experts, these are the best seasonings and spices to enhance your eggs whether you enjoy them fried, scrambled, boiled or poached.
- Salt and Pepper: Before you start trying out more exotic flavours, make sure you've mastered getting your salt and pepper seasoning to an art
- Paprika: Add a smokey flavour to your egg recipe by sprinkling a dash of paprika in - perfect for scrambled eggs
- Chives: For a clean, classic tasting dish pair your eggs with chives - a guaranteed crowd pleaser
- Chilli flakes or chilli powder: For those feeling more adventurous, add heat to your eggs dishes just like our Mexican-inspired dishes
How to: Eggs - FAQs
How long does it take to boil an egg?
How much protein in one egg?
Are eggs dairy?
Do vegetarians eat eggs?
How to store eggs?
What came first, the chicken or the egg?
Get excited every evening!
Recipes you'll love!
Get delicious recipes and all ingredients fresh on your doorstep every week!