Chorizo and Tomato Linguine
with garlic and Italian cheese
The creamy tomato sauce coating the linguine in this Italian-inspired dish is made all the better with slightly spicy chorizo. Blistered cherry tomatoes and grated Italian style cheese add even more deliciousness.
(Contains Wheat May be present Mustard, Soya)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the linguine.
- When boiling, add the linguine then bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot (off the heat).
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- While the linguine cooks, halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, fry the chorizo until it starts to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Add the onion to the pan with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry until softened, stirring occasionally, 3-4 mins.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, 1/2 tsp sugar and another pinch of salt. Fry until tomatoes are softened, 6-7 mins.
- Add the passata and creme fraiche. Simmer until thickened, 4-5 mins. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if necessary.
- Toss the linguine through the tomato sauce to coat and warm through.
- Divide your pasta between deep plates or bowls.
- Finish with a sprinkling of cheese.