Spooky Spiced Burgers
with scary sweet potatoes
It's no trick! In fact, these cheesy Mexican spiced burgers are really more of a treat. Served with spooky sweet potato faces, this truly is a meal fit for a Halloween feast.
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the sweet potato widthways into 1cm thick rounds.
- Using a knife, carefully carve eyes and a mouth into each slice to make scary sweet potato faces.
- On a lined baking tray, toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Cook on the top shelf of the oven until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: If you aren't into scary stuff, cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and cook as above.
- Thinly slice the tomato.
- Mix the pork mince, mustard, Mexican spice, breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp water (double for 4p) in a large bowl.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper and mix everything together by hand until well combined.
- Form the mixture into evenly-sized burgers—1 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
TIP: The burgers will shrink a little as they cook.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the burgers until cooked through and nicely browned on each side, 12-15 mins total.
- Turn every 2-3 mins. IMPORTANT: Burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, pop the cheese on top of the burgers, pressing it down gently so it stays in place.
- Reduce the heat to low, add a splash of water to the pan and cover with a lid or some tin foil.
- Allow the cheese melt, 2-3 mins, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Meanwhile, pop the burger buns into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- Spread aioli over the cut side of each bun.
- Divide tomato slices between bun bases.
- Place a cheesy burger on top.
- Close with the bun lid.
- Serve with the scary sweet potato faces alongside.