Irish Sirloin Steak with Truffle Mushroom Sauce
Italian hard cheese, potato mash and pan-fried green beans
The mash that accompanies the juicy sirloin and garlicky green beans in this dish is elevated in not one but two ways! Cannellini beans add wonderful texture while truffle oil imbues the dish with plenty of flavour.
21 Day Aged Sirloin Steak
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks.
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook until fork tender, 12-18 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat.
- Add a knob of butter and a splash of milk or water. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, trim the green beans.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the green beans until starting to char, 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the garlic, lower heat to medium and cook for 1 min.
- Add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until the green beans are tender, 4-5 mins. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to high heat with another drizzle of oil.
- Season the sirloin with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the sirloin until browned, 1-2 mins each side for medium-rare.
- Cook for another 1-2 mins on each side if you want it more well-done. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat and its packaging. Meat is safe to eat when the outside is browned.
- Transfer to a board, cover and allow to rest, 1-2 mins.
- Return the pan to a medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p) to the pan.
- Once melted, fry the thyme and mushrooms for 3-4 mins.
- Add 1 tsp flour (double for 4p) and fry for 30 seconds. Pop in 75ml (double for 4p) water and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened for 1-2 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and stir in the truffle oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the steak and divide between plates.
- Serve the mash and garlicky green beans alongside. Sprinkle the Italian hard cheese on the beans.
- Pour over the mushroom sauce onto the steak slices.