Harissa Spiced Chicken Burger
with crispy chips
If you like things spicy then you're going to absolutely love this harissa chicken burger with harissa spiced chips. Zippy onion, juicy tomato and bright coriander provide a refreshing element to this very well-seasoned dish.
Dried Chilli Flakes
Harissa Spice Mix
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm chips (peeling optional).
- Pop the chips onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt, pepper and harissa spice mix. Toss to coat and spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Juice half the lemon.
- Place a hand on top of the chicken and cut through horizontally to make two thin steaks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- In a bowl, mix chilli flakes, harissa paste, yoghurt, lemon juice and 1 tbsp oil.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and leave for 10-12 mins.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the tomato.
- Halve and peel the onion. Thinly slice half (double for 4p).
- Pick the coriander leaves, discarding the stalks.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the chicken, reserving the marinade for later.
- Cook through, 3-6 mins each side. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, pour the marinade into the pan and cook for 2-3 mins, using a spoon to baste the chicken.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
TIP: Cook the chicken in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- When the chips are almost ready, separate the burger buns.
- Pop into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- To assemble the burgers, pile two chicken steaks onto each base bun.
- Drizzle any sauce from the pan over the chicken.
- Top with the onion, tomato and coriander leaves. Close with the top bun.
- Serve the burger with chips alongside.
- Chop the remaining lemon into wedges for squeezing over.