Pan-fried Golden Cheese
with roast veg and harissa aioli
Roast potatoes are a welcome inclusion in any mealtime. These golden potatoes are taken up a notch with the addition of tender charred veg and golden fried cheese, tied together with a decadent harissa aioli.
Harissa Spice Mix
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (no need to peel).
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into roughly 3cm pieces.
- Trim the courgette then halve lengthways. Slice widthways into 2cm thick half-moons.
- Halve and peel the onion. Chop into thick wedges.
- Pop the potatoes onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat then spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Pop the pepper, courgette and onion onto another lined baking tray.
- Toss with salt, pepper, garlic, harissa spice mix and a drizzle of oil. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the potatoes have been roasting for 10 mins, pop the veg onto the middle shelf of the oven.
- Cook until tender, 15-18 mins. Turn halfway through.
- While everything roasts, drain the grilling cheese then cut into 1cm slices (2-3 per person).
- Place into a bowl of cold water and leave to soak.
- Pop the aioli and harissa paste into a separate bowl and mix together.
TIP: If you're cooking for kids, you can use less harissa to reduce the heat in this recipe.
- When 5 mins of roasting time remain, remove the cheese slices from the water.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, fry the cheese until golden, 2-3 mins on each side.
- When everything is ready, share the roast potatoes and veg between plates.
- Arrange the golden cheese slices on top.
- Add the harissa aioli on the side for dipping.