Paprika Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes
with green peas and rice
One of the best ways to enjoy cherry tomatoes is to heat them until tender and beautifully juicy. Here, the softened tomatoes are stirred into a buttery sauce and served with paprika-spiced chicken, fluffy rice and vibrant green peas for a recipe with an array of exciting elements.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the chicken stock powder and rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat.
- Keep covered for 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, place your hand flat on top of the chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks.
- Toss the chicken with paprika, salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging we use to keep it fresh. It will still taste delicious once cooked!
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the chicken steaks and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until browned, 2-3 mins on each side.
TIP: Cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded.
- Once the chicken has browned, add the cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- Fry until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes are softened, 5-6 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- When the tomatoes have softened, use the back of a spoon to carefully burst the tomatoes and release the juices.
- Stir a knob of butter into the pan to form a buttery tomato sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and stir through the peas.
- Divide the peas and rice between bowls.
- Top with the fried chicken steaks and buttery tomatoes.
- Drizzle with aioli and sweet chilli sauce.