Sage Butter Pork
with roasted aubergine and sweet potato mash
Herbaceous sage butter smothers the tender fried pork in this recipe. The super creamy sweet potato mash and roasted aubergine make this quick and tasty meal a shoo-in for family favourite this week.
Pork Loin Steak
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Trim the broccolin and cut the carrot into battons.
- Drizzle both with oil, season with paprika, salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until the veg is soft and golden, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: To save time you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, chop the sweet potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- When boiling, add the sweet potatoes to the water and cook until fork tender, 15-20 mins.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. Season the pork with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Pork is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once hot, fry the pork, fat-side down for 2-3 mins, until crispy. Then fry 4-5 mins on each side.
- Once cooked, remove from pan, cover with foil and allow to rest.
- When everything is almost ready, return the pan to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p) and a drizzle of oil.
- Pick the sage leaves from their stalks (keeping them whole). Discard the stalks.
- When the butter is melted, add the sage leaves to the pan and fry until crispy, 2-3 mins, shifting as they cook.
- Once crisp, add the pork back to the pan.
- Carefully use a spoon to baste the pork in the sage butter.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat.
- Add a knob of butter and a splash of milk or water.
- Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate up your succulent pork steaks.
- Serve sweet potato mash and roasted aubergine alongside.
- Drizzle any remaining sage butter over the pork.