Salmon in Lemon, Garlic and Chive Butter
with roast potatoes and broccoli
Flaky fried salmon is basted in lemony, herby, garlicky butter in this simple but delicious recipe. Filling golden roast potatoes add a satiating element to this Omega-rich dish.
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (no need to peel). Pop the chunks onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the chives (use scissors if you prefer).
- Zest half the lemon (double for 4p). Chop the lemon into quarters.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Chop the broccoli into florets (like small trees). Halve any large florets.
- Pop the broccoli onto another lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the potatoes have been in the oven for 15-20 mins, pop the broccoli onto the middle shelf.
- Roast until the edges are crispy and slightly charred, 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p).
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Once the butter has melted, carefully place the salmon into the pan skin-side down. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw fish.
- Cook for 6-7 mins on one side before turning over and cooking for 6-7 mins on the other side.
- Add the chives, paprika and garlic to the pan along with the juice of 2 lemon wedges (double for 4p).
- Spoon the chive butter sauce over the fish for 1-2 mins, then remove the pan from the heat. IMPORTANT: The fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- When everything is ready, plate up the salmon with the roasted broccoli and potatoes alongside.
- Spoon the melted butter and chive sauce from the pan over the salmon.
- Sprinkle with the lemon zest to finish.
- Serve with any remaining lemon wedges for squeezing over.