Smoky Chipotle Chicken
Smoky Chipotle Chicken
with spiced potatoes and roast veg
Chipotle is an ingredient made of a smoke-dried jalapeno chilli, which gives it its spicy and smoky taste. In this dish, the smokiness in the chipotle-coated chicken is enhanced by the spiced potatoes and lightly charred veg.
Total Time45 minutes
Cooking Time35 minutes
Central American Style Spice Mix
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)643 kcal
Energy (kJ)2692 kJ
of which saturates8 g
of which sugars12.3 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (unpeeled).
- Pop onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle on the Central American spice mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat and spread out in a single layer. Once the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary—you want the potatoes well spaced out.
- Place your hand on top of the chicken. Slice through horizontally to make two steaks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Add the chicken to a bowl with a drizzle of oil and half the chipotle paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix to coat and leave aside to marinate.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining chipotle paste with the creme fraiche.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the chicken steaks and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until cooked through, 3-6 mins on each side (cook in batches if the pan is getting crowded). IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- When cooked, remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and add a drizzle of oil (no need to wash out the pan).
- When the oil is hot, fry the pepper and onion until softened and slightly charred, 6-8 mins.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then remove the pan from the heat.
- Toss the peppers, onions and spiced potatoes together.
- Serve the smoky chipotle chicken alongside with a dollop of chipotle creme fraiche.
- Finish with a sprinkling of chopped coriander.