Sticky Asian Chicken
with broccoli and noodles
Teriyaki is a thick, sweet and salty sauce popular in Japanese cuisine. It's most commonly used to marinate meat or poultry which is why in this recipe it pairs perfectly with succulent chicken and tender veg.
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Diced Chicken Breast
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a pot of salted water for the broccoli.
- Cut the broccoli into florets. Halve any large florets.
- Once the water is boiling, add the broccoli and cook until just tender, 3-5 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Place a large pan over medium heat (without oil).
- Once hot, add the sesame seeds and dry-fry until toasted, stirring regularly, 2-3 mins.
- Once toasted, transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Add the chicken to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until golden and cooked through, 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing used to keep it fresh. It will still taste delicious once cooked!
- Add the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic and 75ml water (double for 4p) to the pan.
- Simmer until thickened, 3-4 mins. Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if it becomes too thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked broccoli to the pan and stir to combine.
- Carefully separate the noodles, add them to the pan and gently toss in the sauce until softened and warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- When everything is ready, divide the chicken noodles between bowls.
- Spoon any remaining sauce from the pan over the top.
- Finish with a scattering of toasted sesame seeds.