Sweet Chilli Glazed Salmon
with couscous salad
Omega-rich salmon is coated in wonderfully sweet and sticky sweet chilli sauce and served with a crunchy and vibrant couscous salad in this spiced and savoury recipe.
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya)
Middle Eastern Style Spice Mix
(Contains Sesame, Mustard)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Pop the couscous into a medium bowl.
- Stir in 200ml boiling water (500ml for 4p) along with the vegetable stock powder.
- Cover with a plate or cling film and leave aside for 10 mins (or until ready to serve).
- Meanwhile, chop the tomato into 1cm chunks.
- Trim the cucumber, quarter lengthways and chop widthways into small pieces.
- Quarter the lemon.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Pat the salmon dry with kitchen paper. Season with the Middle Eastern spice mix, salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, add the salmon fillets, skin-side down.
- Cook on one side for 4-5 mins then turn over and cook for 3-4 mins on the other side. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish. Fish is cooked when opaque in the centre.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine half the harissa paste, honey, a good squeeze of lemon juice and ½ tsp of sugar (double for 4p).
- Add the chopped cucumber and tomato to the bowl and toss to coat in the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the mayo and remaining harissa paste.
- When the salmon is cooked, remove the pan from the heat and add half the sweet chilli sauce.
- Turn to glaze the salmon in the sauce.
- Add the couscous to the bowl with the tomatoes and cucumber.
- Toss together to coat in the sauce.
- Divide the couscous between bowls.
- Top with the glazed salmon.
- Finish by drizzling over the harissa mayo and remaining sweet chilli sauce.
- Serve any remaining lemon wedges alongside for squeezing over.