with chilli garlic yoghurt and roasted baby potatoes
Fatteh is a dish that consists of pieces of flatbread covered with a range of delicious ingredients depending on what region you're in. The recipe is Egyptian and Levantine in origin, and as such is often bursting with middle eastern flavours. This veggie version features chickpeas, aubergine and a spicy garlic yoghurt.
Harissa Spice Mix
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a sieve.
- Halve the potatoes lengthways, quartering any larger pieces. Pop onto a lined baking tray along with the chickpeas.
- Toss with half the harissa spice mix, salt, pepper and a glug of oil.
- Roast on the top shelf of the oven until chickpeas are crispy and potatoes are tender, 25-35 mins.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary!
- Meanwhile, trim the aubergine, then halve lengthways. Chop into 1cm pieces.
- Pop onto a separate lined baking tray.
- Toss with remaining harissa spice, salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. Spread out in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven until soft and golden, 15-20 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the chilli and discard the core and seeds. Finely chop.
- Pick the mint leaves and roughly chop (discard the stalks).
- Zest and quarter the lemon.
- Halve the tomatoes.
- Pop the naan into the oven to toast, 4-5 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium heat (no oil).
- Once hot, dry-fry the sesame seeds, stirring regularly, until lightly toasted, 2-3 mins.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
TIP: Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- Mix the yoghurt with 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Stir in the garlic, toasted sesame seeds, chopped chilli (use less if you don't like spice), half the chopped mint, lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tear the naan into bite-sized pieces.
- Dish a spoonful of roasted aubergine, chickpeas, potatoes.
- Scatter over the cherry tomatoes.
- Finish with a dollop of your spicy yoghurt and a sprinkling of chopped mint.
- Serve any remaining lemon wedges alongside for squeezing over.